“Social media is the ultimate equaliser. It gives a voice and a platform to anyone willing to engage.” —Amy Jo Martin, Founder and CEO of Digital Royalty.
What is the first thing that you do when you wake up every morning? The answer, being quite obvious, is that you check your phone. Statistically speaking, nearly 80 per cent of all smartphone users check their mobile phones within 15 minutes of waking up every morning, and the first thing the majority of us look at is social media. A lot of people might say that this is not such a great notion but as untoward or hapless this may sound, it is the reality and honestly, there is nothing much we can actually do about it.
We now live in a world where about 60 per cent of the global population has gone online which estimates to be nearly 4.7 billion active Internet users worldwide. In times like this, it is almost unimaginable to even survive without a digital presence, let alone growing and expanding oneself. Hence social media has become quite a necessity in our day-to-day lives and though it has a few imperfections, it is an instrument which, when used correctly, can open your eyes to a world of possibilities.
Here are some of the most significant impacts of social networking on our society and how you can use them to your benefit:
1. Boosting global connectivity – People from every corner of the world come together at a common ground and with the world at your fingertips, you can collaborate, communicate, exchange ideas with people from all backgrounds and widen your horizons.
2. Building communities – With a plethora of users on the same platform, you get to meet like-minded people who have the same interests as you. To a lot of people who get disconnected from their families and loved ones due to extreme circumstances, these communities provide a sense of belonging, even while being physically distant from each other.
3. Providing a huge audience – You can share your views, ideas and lessons with almost the entire world just by uploading/advertising your creations/products at a single social media handle, thus increasing your market/audience reach exponentially.
4. Direct interaction with your audience/customers – Your audience/customers can get the chance to shape meaningful change in your content/business through comments and direct messages. This gives you the chance to ask your followers for feedback, advice or constructive criticism and thus better yourself at every turn.
5. Getting a good laugh – The main and possibly the most attractive part of the social platforms is the jokes and memes. After a tough day of work, who doesn’t want to have a good laugh and what better place to do so than your social media page. These LOLs not only refresh your mind but also help forge strong connections between you and your audience.
So, if you want to grow and develop, it is highly recommended that you immediately create a social media handle and connect with the world. You may also contact us at Prayukty Technologies if you want to create a professional social media page and evolve it into a brand.
Social media may therefore be a double-edged sword, but once you have the ability to use it wisely and skillfully, it can help you work wonders.